Family Friendly Fun
Get that bike out of the shed…
Summer 2016 – our family fun rides will once more be running every Saturday afternoon through July and August. These will be safe escorted rides using traffic-free paths and quiet roads wherever possible, lasting no longer than a couple of hours. They’re suitable for all the family and particularly beginners, or anyone who just wants to ride at a gentle pace in congenial company
This year, with the support of Cycling UK we’re kicking off the first ride of the summer with a Bike Curious family cycling workshop and Kidical Mass. If you want to find out more about cycling with kids from families already doing it, come along between 12 and 2 on Saturday 2nd July and have a go!
All of our rides will start at Dock Park at 2pm, every Saturday from the 2nd of July. If you’re interested, just turn up on the day.
This year’s ride programme:
- Saturday 2nd July – Bike curious family cycling workshop (12-2) followed by Kidical Mass ride (Kingholm Loop; 3 miles)
- Saturday 9th July – Lincluden Abbey (4 miles)
- Saturday 16th July – Maxwelltown Cyclepath (5 miles)
- Saturday 23rd July – Caledonian Cycleway (7 miles)
- Saturday 30th July – 12 Apostles (7 miles)
- Saturday 6th August – Glen Road (8 miles)
- Saturday 13th August – Heathhall Forest (6 miles+, depending on how many circuits of the pump track you manage!)
- Saturday 20th August – Mabie Forest (11 miles)