Family Friendly Fun
Where will your bike take you this summer?
Summer 2018 – our family fun rides will once more be running on Saturday afternoons through July and August. These will be safe escorted rides using traffic-free paths and quiet roads wherever possible, lasting no longer than a couple of hours. They’re suitable for all the family and particularly beginners, or anyone who just wants to ride at a gentle pace in congenial company.
This year we’ll be giving a little back to our beautiful surroundings and bringing a bag to do a brief litter pick at our stops. More details soon.
- 7th July – Kingholm loop – 3 miles
- 14th July – Lincluden Abbey – 4 miles
- 21st July *new* – Mavis Grove – 3.5 miles
- 28th July – Maxwelltown Path – 6 miles
- 4th August – 12 Apostles – 7 miles
- 11th August – Glen Road explorer – 8 miles
- 18th August – Heathall explorer (6 miles+ depending on how many loops of the skills track you do)
- 25th August – Mabie Forest (11 miles)
All of our rides will start at Dock Park at 2pm, on Saturday from the 7th of July. If you’re interested, just turn up on the day. If you’d like your bike checked over, come a bit earlier – the ride leader should be there from about 1:45pm.