It’s hard to believe its been two years since our last Summer Rides programme, so we are delighted to announce we’re back for 2021!
Starting at just over three miles, rides build up gradually to 11 miles. Routes use Dumfries’s cycle paths, quiet back streets and rural roads. Riding in a group also gives the additional security of ‘safety in numbers’.
All rides have a break in the middle, sometimes at an interesting spot (or a nice view) with a chance for a rest, a chat and some refreshments. Please bring your own drinks and snacks!
The rides are FREE but you MUST book in advance, so that we can keep numbers manageable and COVID safe – just follow the link next to each ride.
Rides take place on Sundays in July and August. Meet at the Rowing Club (note the new start point) for a 2pm start. All our rides are run at a gentle pace and use quiet roads and cycle paths and should be suitable for cyclists of all ages.
- Sunday 4th July Mavis Grove – 3.5 miles
- Sunday 11th July Lincluden Abbey – 4 miles
- Sunday 18th July Crichton Challenge *new!* – 4.5 miles
- Sunday 25th July Maxwelltown Path – 6 miles
- Sunday 1st August 12 Apostles – 7 miles
- Sunday 8th August Glen Road Explorer – 8 miles
- Sunday 15th August Heathhall Forest 6 miles+ (depends on how many loops of the skills track you do)
- Sunday 22nd August Mabie Forest – 11 miles
If you do book and find you can’t attend, please let us know in advance (either by cancelling your booking online, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can give your place to someone else – our more popular rides have had to have a waiting list!