Some dates for your diaries!
- First – a reminder that this Friday is the next Bike Breakfast at Dumfries NorthWest. There was a pretty good turnout last time but please do what you can to spread the word. It might even be a good opportunity to encourage a friend or colleague who’s considering taking up cycle commuting to take the plunge and give it a go for the summer (admittedly, it’s raining cats and dogs as I write this but the forecast for Friday isn’t that bad! And it’s got to stop raining eventually, hasn’t it?)
- Tuesday 3rd of June is our next regular meeting – 6pm in the Coach and Horses as usual. Anyone is welcome to come along, whether a member or not. It’s always very informal and friendly and we’re generally done by 7 or 7:30 at the latest.
- Slightly further afield is the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling, 12th – 22nd June. There will be a huge variety of events on, with something to suit pretty much any taste. Of particular interest to me (because I’m organising it) is the Woman on Wheels day, Saturday 14th June, with two belles on bikes rides, a ‘bike curious‘ event for families looking to find out more about the options for carrying children by bike, and in the evening, the Women’s Cycle Forum – a chance to meet some inspiring women who are changing the world of cycling
- We’ve been asked to spread the word about the Lockerbie Loop on 22nd June, a sponsored cycling event to raise money for Children First. There are three rides to suit most abilities. Email email@example.com for more details
- And finally, a reminder of our planned jaunt to the Netherlands on Friday 27th June to Monday 30th. Having checked with the ferry company, there’s no real mileage in a group booking so if you’re interested in joining us on an adventure to see what really top quality cycling provision looks like, then just let us know, but make your ferry and accommodation bookings yourself. If you’re travelling on your own, though, it’s a lot cheaper to share a cabin so do let us know if you’d like us to try and buddy you up with another singleton