There’s a new Scottish cycling campaign launching today to get better cycling conditions in Scotland. It’s called Pedal on Parliament (you may recognise one of its organisers…) and the aim is to get as many people as possible to join in a mass cycle ride on the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh on April 28th to urge politicians to adopt its eight point manifesto:
1) Proper funding for cycling.
2) Design cycling into Scotland’s roads.
3) Safer speeds where people live, work and play
4) Integrate cycling into local transport strategies
5) Sensible road traffic law and enforcement
6) Reduce the risk of HGVs to cyclists and pedestrians
7) A strategic and joined-up programme of road user training
8) Solid research on cycling to support policy-making
you can find out more here.
If anyone’s interested in joining a Dumfries group to get up there on the day get in touch in the comments or by emailing on cyclingdumfries AT gmail DOT com