Family Friendly Fun
Get that bike out of the shed…
Summer 2013 - our family fun rides will once more be running every Saturday afternoon throughout July and August. These will be safe escorted rides using traffic-free paths and quiet roads wherever possible, lasting no longer than a couple of hours. They’re suitable for all the family and particularly beginners, or anyone who just wants to ride at a gentle pace in congenial company
You don’t even need a bike! Hour Bike have offered a free bike rental to anyone trying the ‘Orange Bikes’ for the first time. All you have to do is provide your name and contact details and we’ll sort you out with a loan of a bike for the afternoon.
All of them will start at Dock Park at 2pm, every Saturday from the 6th of July. If you’re interested, just turn up on the day.
This year’s rides will be:
- Saturday 6th July – Kingholm Loop
- Saturday 13th July – Lincluden Abbey
- Saturday 20th July – Maxwelltown loop
- Saturday 27th July – Caledonian cycleway
- Saturday 3rd August – 12 Apostles
- Saturday 10th August – Glen Road explorer
- Saturday 17th August – Heathhall explorer
- Saturday 24th August – Glencaple
If this has whetted your appetite but you’d like a longer or more challenging ride, you might like the fortnightly Saturday CTC discovery rides which range from 10 to 30 miles across the county, usually at a fairly relaxed pace. Or the longer Sunday Rides which range from 40 to 80 miles, for the fitter cyclist.